Saturday, July 25, 2009

How's the Year Been Going So Far?

So, I've been away for a while. Like, nine months kind of a while. It's been a busy six months for me. Had my last semester. Graduated. Tried to find a job. Found a job. Not an edifying one by any measure, but it paid the bills. You know how it goes. But, anyway seasonal employment is a bitch, so now I find myself like 10% of the population. Unemployed.

Really, though I feel kind of bad coming back here. I feel like I broke up with someone and am now crawling back to that person, hoping they'll take me back after months of neglect. Well, I would feel like that if I thought that this was a heavily trafficked blog. If it was before it certainly isn't anymore. BUT my neglect is about to change. There will be no further neglect! I promise. In fact, I have a lot of fun things in store!



What, you may ask, is in store? It is the end of a decade after all, the end of a decade that, more than any other decades I can think of, obsessed over listing and cataloging things. Top ten lists come out every year for everything imaginable. Rolling Stone decided what the 500 greatest albums were (not to mention the greatest guitar players of all time!), so I think that a fitting tribute to this decade and the music that came out during this decade is to make a list. Well, two lists actually. Beginning today, this very day, I am going to begin my list of the 50 Best Songs of the Decade. As soon as that gets done it'll be time to start the 50 Best Albums of the Decade. We'll go one song at a time, then one album at a time until we're done. I think I timed it right so that way this will be done before the year is out...if not, well...we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. This will be a lot of fun. Trust me.

What the hell? Let's get started.

No comments: